New Delhi: Although the number of corona cases in the country has come down, but the epidemic is not over yet. After 80 days, less than 60 thousand corona cases have been reported in the country. According to the latest data of the Ministry of Health, 58,419 new corona cases were reported in the last 24 hours and 1576 infected people have lost their lives. Earlier on March 30, less than 60 thousand corona cases were registered. On the previous day, 87,619 people have also been cured of corona i.e. 30,776 active cases have been reduced yesterday.
For the 38th consecutive day in the country, there have been more recoveries than new cases of coronavirus. Till June 19, 27 crore 66 lakh 93 thousand doses of corona vaccine have been given across the country. On the last day 38 lakh 10 thousand vaccines were administered. At the same time, more than 39 crore corona tests have been done so far. About 19 lakh corona sample tests were done on the last day, whose positivity rate is more than 3 percent.
Today’s latest status of corona infection-
- Total corona cases- two crore 98 lakh 81 thousand 965
- Total Discharge- two crore 87 lakh 66 thousand
- Total Active Cases- 7 lakh 29 thousand
- total death- 3 lakh 86 thousand 713
Details of corona situation in some states
- On Saturday, 135 new cases of corona were reported in the capital and seven more people died due to Kovid-19. The said number of dead is the lowest since April 1. So far 24,907 patients have died due to the epidemic in the city.
- In Uttar Pradesh, 51 patients died and 294 new patients appeared. So far, a total of 22,132 have lost their lives due to this infection. The number of infected has gone up to 17,04,139.
- With the arrival of 2486 new cases of infection in West Bengal, the number of infected people in the state increased to 14,79,523. After the death of 55 patients, the death toll increased to 17,295.
- 170 new cases of Kovid 9 were reported in Haryana on Saturday, due to which the total number of infected in the state increased to 7 lakh 67 thousand 217. At the same time, the death toll rose to 9,216 due to the death of 33 more patients.
- In Jammu and Kashmir, the total death toll increased to 4,238 on Saturday after four more people died due to infection in the last 24 hours. 521 new cases have been reported and so far a total of 3,11,209 people have been infected.
- With the arrival of 5815 new cases of corona in Karnataka, the number of infected people in the state increased to 28,01,936. After the death of 161 patients, the death toll increased to 33,763.
- 228 new cases were reported in Gujarat. With this, the number of infected people in the state increased to 8,22,149. After the death of five patients, the death toll increased to 10,028.
The death rate from corona in the country is 1.29 percent while the recovery rate is around 96 percent. Active cases have come down to less than 3 percent. India ranks third in the world in terms of corona active cases. India also ranks second in terms of total number of infected. Whereas in the world after America, Brazil has the highest number of deaths in India.