HomeLatest News2 Iranian warships enter Atlantic Ocean for the first time

2 Iranian warships enter Atlantic Ocean for the first time


1 of 1




Tehran| A top official confirmed that two Iranian warships have entered the Atlantic Ocean for the first time.

In a statement on Thursday, Deputy Iranian Army Coordinator Admiral Habibullah Sayari said two ships, including the Makran port ship and the domestically built Sahand destroyer, departed from the southern port of Bandar Abbas on May 10, Xinhua news agency reported. Now these have come into the Atlantic Ocean, without calling the ports of other countries.

He said that the ships have covered about 6,000 nautical miles so far. About 12,000 km will pass the Cape of Good Hope during its 30 days of travel in the high seas.

“We consider our presence in international waters as an inalienable strategic right of the Islamic Republic of Iran Navy and we will continue to follow this path firmly,” Sayari was quoted as saying.

He said the ships would continue their way towards the North Atlantic Ocean, making it the country’s longest maritime mission.

Western media have reported that the destination of Iranian ships is Venezuela.

On Wednesday, US political news site Politico reported that “the Joe Biden administration has urged Venezuela and Cuba to return two Iranian warships believed to be carrying weapons intended to be transferred to Caracas.” “

There was no immediate comment from the Iranian side on the claims.

–IANS

read this also – Click to read the news of your state / city before the newspaper

.



Source by [author_name]

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments